I actually had something else planned as a post. However, I thought this one more relevant, given the times in which we are currently living. This comes courtesy of a beloved and brilliant former student of mine. It was originally attributed to Robert Reich, but, according to a commenter, I was given this. I always strive to give credit where it is due, and am grateful to the person who commented.
Here it is:
1. Don’t use his name. (I refer to him as #45.)
2. Remember this is a regime and he’s not acting alone.
3. Do not argue with those who support him–it doesn’t work.
4. Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness and mental state.
5. Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow.
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk.
7. Support artists and the arts – especially the ones speaking for all of us.
8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it before you share it.
9. Take care of yourselves.
Copy / paste to your wall.
#passiton #eachoneteach100 #RESIST #putyourworkin