I’m exhausted. I completed two wonderful days of a language teaching workshop. It was intense, inspirational and intellectually stimulating, and I plan to post about it soon.
Until then, here’s another list post. It’s not #500Words, but, I did fulfill my daily goal of writing. I hope you enjoy it.
Five Random Facts About Myself:
- I like to watch movies in bed on my laptop computer. A dear friend thinks it’s silly.
- I wore braces, and a night brace. Fortunately, I wore both for 1.5 years, instead of the projected 2 years.
- I sometimes sleep on the floor. I don’t find it uncomfortable at all.
- I suffered from hypothyroidism, as well as a serious anemic condition, at the same time.
- I have Power Puff Girl dolls of each of the characters, given to me by my Dear Brother.
Four Things From My Bucket List:
- African safari to South Africa with my Dear Brother.
- A week in Bora Bora, lodging in a hut on stilts, enjoying coconut drinks, lounging on the beach, and receiving daily massages.
- Visiting one or more national parks in the United States, and traveling there by train.
- Writing a book – more like a memoir, I think. It will be a very special book.
Three Things I Hope For During the 2016-17 School Year:
- Renewed relationships with my colleagues. I am very demanding – of myself, and of others. Consequently, my pursuit of perfection doesn’t afford others the benefit of the doubt. I would like to demonstrate greater patience with and acceptance of my colleagues.
- A language learning experience for my students that fosters growth, proficiency and fluency via a new method of teaching that reaches more students.
- Further develop my skills and expertise as a workshop presenter, and creating a niche for my workshops.
Two Things That Have Made Me Laugh Or Cry As An Educator:
- My students are uncanny in their ability to inspire humor of all kinds. Even on my worst days, it brings a smile to my face.
- The time a student mis-understood something that I said, and felt the administration did not support me. It hurt me profoundly.
One Thing I Wish More People Knew About Me:
Although I appear aloof and distant, I am really a very fun person to be with.